Bringing Laptops to Children in Arizona
May 1st, Gala, Radisson Fort McDowell Resort
May 2nd, Golf, We-Ko-Pa Golf Club
Sponsor Opportunities Available
|The Greater Arizona eLearning Association - with it's affiliation with the Global Literacy Foundation, a 501(c)(3), non-profit, charitable organization - is very proud to kick-off this year’s initiative to bring OLPC XO laptops to the schools in the greater Arizona marketplace. Our minimum purchase of these OLPC XO laptop computers has to be 100 laptops at $299 each, and we are going to do this with the proceeds from this event.|
PURCHASE 100 LAPTOPS!
Why is GAZeL Involved? Because the mission of our organization is to “affect the adoption of eLearning and 21st century education in our Arizona schools and beyond.”
Why Should Your Company be Involved? Because all proceeds from the GAZeL-a-Ganza Gala and Golf event go directly towards purchasing these OLPC (One Laptop per Child ) computers, as well as teaching support. These laptops will go to schools and reservations in the Greater Arizona area.
What Can You Expect? The GAZeL-a-Ganza Gala and Golf fundraiser brings together the right ingredients to make it a successful event:
- The most prominent business leaders, legislators, company owners, guests, and friends who support literacy in the Greater Arizona area A dinner on May 1st, at the award winning Radisson Fort McDowell Resort
- A golf tournament on May 2nd, at the We-Ko-Pa Golf Club, voted one of America’s Top 10 New Public courses by Golf Digest, January, 2008
- A magnificent silent auction, trips, trophies, and other such things
- As a sponsor, inclusion in all outside marketing materials and public relations exposure as well as on-site signage, logo representation, program ads, and much more
- And of course, the unveiling of the OLPC
Everyone is welcome. Sponsorships are available. Individual Gala and Golf tickets can be purchased. We invite you to enjoy a sumptious dinner on May 1st, and a fun-filled round of golf on May 2nd at the beautiful course at the We-Ko-Pa Resort in Phoenix. (google map)
Don’t miss this exciting charitable networking event!
Learning Through Technology
Why is eLearning important? eLearning is dramatically changing the way we educate, communicate and conduct business. For example, in K-12 education there is clear evidence that eLearning is transforming education and increasing academic performance. Benefits these tools provide include:
- Individualized curriculum and self-paced learning.
- An enhanced learning process aimed at increasing student interest
- Increased efficiencies allowing teachers to spend better quality time with students.
- Giving students essential skills to further their education and fully participate in the society and workplace of the 21st century.
While eLearning is recognized as being effective in transforming the educational process and enabling life-long learning, eLearning also provides cost effective business development solutions. Organizations are now launching eLearning initiatives aimed at students, employees,
customers, investors, and more.
Organizations are using eLearning tools in ways you might not expect:
- Sales and marketing presentations
- Customer and investor relations
- Technical support and product training
- Collaboration and online meetings
Gala Dinner Includes
- 12 oz of thick, juicy, New York Strip Steak, (vegetarian meal upon request), wedge salad with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Bleu Cheese Dressing, Roasted Garlic Mashd Potatoes, and for dessert Pyramid Noisette or anotherwards, Chocolate Ganache and Hazelnut Moussellins in a Chocolate Shell
- Silent Auction with a Twist: Silent Auctions are a great way to spice up an event, but ours is a little different. Our event will have “Adornos” . What is that you ask? As a gala guest, you can bid on a beautiful box – an “Adorno”, without knowing what's inside. Throughout the night, our volunteers will be walking around showing you various silent auction items, up close and personal, but until you've won the bid, you won't know what's in your box.
- but wait, there's more...
Golf Tournament Includes
- Golf and Cart Fees
- Practice Balls
- Awards Ceremony
- Team Photos
- Raffle and Silent Auction items
- Hole prizes
- OLPC presentation
- Heavy appetizers and cash bar
- 15% off all merchandise - that day
- GAZeL Greater Arizona eLearning Association
- Global Literacy Foundation
- Intramedia Solutions
- ITT Technical Institute
- The Training Place, Inc.
The Greater Arizona eLearning Association (GAZeL) is an alliance between eLearning educators, practitioners, and related businesses. GAZeL's purpose is to provide vision, share research, support learning initiatives, and gather resources for the utilization, implementation and expansion of eLearning in business, government, and education. Want more information about GAZeL? Go to: www.gazel.org.
GAZeL Information Contact
Alex Devereux, President
Want more information about the Course? Go to: wekopa.com